Pages

Friday 28 February 2020

MIT - Tweaking the Moonshot Proposal for 2020

Modifying the Proposal

After the 'Board Meeting', we were given the opportunity to tweak or redefine our moonshot proposal.

The teacher who played 'the lawyer' was my first port of call. She had made an appropriate criticism about my proposal:

"I want to improve boys writing by helping them to write interesting and descriptive stories." (or thereabouts)

The valid point she made was she wanted her children to be able to write descriptively but not just imaginative stories. In fact, she qualified the comment with not everyone will write a book. I want them to be able to argue a point or share their point of view in detail.

As a writer, I knew I didn't want to repeat the same words so I originally changed the last word to stories from writing. But I could see her point and agreed stories was too specific for the proposal.

I also realised it is not just about what I want, but about what the students and parents want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 3 - All Things Text

  Text Selection - Day 3 - RPI Today I decided to start with an image (Thanks Kiri) as the RPI or Reading Practice Intensive is about pickin...