Pages

Monday 25 May 2020

MIT - Prototype @KPMG

It is time to start creating our prototype.

I have been using Hapara to feed the students activities such as Making Questions and Using Questions to inspire writing along with Onomatopoeia Slides. I have found this frustrating because if I update the slides, I have to resend and I can't take back what has already been shared. I prefer the idea of the activities going on the class site (for trialling) then if we find a mistake we can update and the students can make another copy or copy the part (slide) that is updated.

Here is the beginning of my prototype: Creating Writers Site.





The start of the content on the site which I have checked in incognito.



As you can see, some parts are coming soon. Other ideas I have for the activities include: introducing and using Speech, Setting, Strong Emotion, Fact, Definition, Funny/Pun, Never expected and Quotes. This is not an exhaustive list, however.

My next question is: Should it all be on one page? If not, how do I separate the content, so it makes sense?


I also would like to redo some of the videos so the content flows better and therefore providing a distinct difference between introducing an activity and using it.

Having looked at what others are starting to do, I am also considering adding a Kahoot for each topic as a fun way to help identify or test learning.

I look forward to receiving any and all feedback on this prototype.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya, I'm really interested in where your thinking is at for this site, and I would love to talk it through with you next time I'm at RHS. Are you able to include a link to your site so I can do a bit of exploring and give some feedback?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cam, I'd love to hear your thoughts sorry I thought I had put a link in. Have fixed. Look forward to catching up.

      Delete

RPI 3 - All Things Text

  Text Selection - Day 3 - RPI Today I decided to start with an image (Thanks Kiri) as the RPI or Reading Practice Intensive is about pickin...