Pages

Monday 18 February 2019

Stickers for Feedback and Feed-forward

Students and Stickers...

My students enjoy receiving traditional stickers as rewards after their book work is checked. Over my teaching career I have found they work harder when they received constant feedback and feed-forward to help with their next steps and a sticker added colour helping them to find what I had written.
As technology changes so must the ways we encourage children. So I started with using images that I might have traditionally use as stickers such as smiley faces. The comment boxes the students could see the feedback or feed forward and then click resolve (helpful so I knew they had read the comment), but parents did get o see this once post on blogs. So I thought of another way.

Making my own stickers

Having made buttons for websites, I thought about how I could apply this knowledge.

Keeping the phrases simple meant I could add Te Reo. For these ones I used images the children have coloured for the background.

For others I used the Learning Intention to help the students be more reflective.

How to Create your own Stickers...

  1. Open a Google Drawing
  2. In a text box type the comment you would like to use. Try to consider all the possible feedback and feed forward you would write for the Learning Intention.
  3. Add an image
  4. Download as a png. Remember to save it where you can find it, at least use the word sticker in the title so when you do a search in google drive and it will come up. Maybe use a sticker folder.

Why I Created Stickers...

Teaching in a digital environment the last two years, I enjoy encouraging students to do their best and show them where they can improve. You can put smiley faces on their work, you can add comments. Comments the individual is the only one who can see it (unless they share the work in other ways not on a blog). Smiley face the students can access through images so I was always worried they would add their own.

Where I found more information on digital stickers...

https://usingtechnologybetter.com/how-to-give-quick-feedback-to-students-with-digital-stickers-and-google-keep/

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 3 - All Things Text

  Text Selection - Day 3 - RPI Today I decided to start with an image (Thanks Kiri) as the RPI or Reading Practice Intensive is about pickin...