Pages

Friday 7 August 2020

MIT - Checking In thought Google Meet


As you can see from previous posts, I have been busy updating the site. Now, with the website up and ready for people to use the BIG question today is - 

How do we get this site out for teachers to be aware of teachers and to use?




During our discussion in Google Meet, we discussed three main issues: 

1. Positive Self Promoting Talk
I realise I can be self sacrificing at times by saying things like - This is how I do it, you might like to have a go. Or, On this page you will find ... you could try them.
 
2. Using the navigation bar at the top of the site, not just links on the journey image. 
This was an easy fix, I just had to come up with short snapy ways to label each page. Then I had check the links on the picture to make sure they were still valid as previously pages were hidden in nagivation now they were accessible. (I noticed this the following day when sharing with the Student Teachers in our Hub. Opps!)
I came up with S1, S2.., for Step 1, Step 2..., and then added the main theme of the page.
 
3. Ways this site can go out to the teaching community and how to track who is visiting it. 
There is the presentation to Principals later in the year, sharing with our own staff and of course the Conference in October where we share with other teachers. Manaiakalani Online Workshops and in my case our cluster - Kootuitui Online Workshops. And as I mentioned earlier we have 2 students in our Hub and 5 in our school currently.

One of the main ideas is to reach teachers not part of Manaiakalani or the outreaches, so how can we do this? Facebook and Pinterest were the first 2 ideas.

As part of the process, we can now include is analysis who visits and where they are from. So before adding links to places for teachers to view and be informed about my site, I set up Google Analytics.

Setting up Analytics remember to add the tracking code to your site before advertising/releasing the site on a public forum. Google Analytics starts tracking the moment the site has a tracking ID. Watching the trending, nothing was happening. Then I realized my mistake. Luckily, it was only a few minutes into the analysis and an easy thing to rectify.


Once I had everything set up correctly, I was spellbound and humbled by the teachers visiting and the comments.



After posting this on the Teachers Page on Facebook and fixing my analytics, this is what I saw ...

The comments were helpful and supportive too.

I could even check where people were viewing the site from. Yes, many were from Auckland, and all were from New Zealand. But, this was just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 3 - All Things Text

  Text Selection - Day 3 - RPI Today I decided to start with an image (Thanks Kiri) as the RPI or Reading Practice Intensive is about pickin...