Pages

Saturday 5 September 2020

MIT - Website Development

As I continue to add tasks and helpful hints for writing, I realise this site is definitely about ways to helping teachers inform students. The editing slides, for example, are a great tool to talk through, but students really need to go back to a piece of work they have done and apply what is taught there.

Before lockdown I had a focus on long vowels as I know this helps with spelling. I remember teaching a Year 2 how to write the long 'a' sound. The next day he was so proud he had written 'mayd' instead of mad, yes it was supposed to be made. We talked about how the 'ay' is always at the end of the word and I never saw him get it wrong again.

Returning after our second lockdown we focused on making it fun to be in class. We started by reading 'There was an old lady who swallowed an egg', then listened to 'There was an old bloke who swallowed a bunny.' I started with the students rewriting a known rhyme in groups. The students were able to help each other and had fun doing the writing task.  

Then we tried it with 'We are going on a ... hunt.'


Towards the end of the week we started looking how we can it our writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 3 - All Things Text

  Text Selection - Day 3 - RPI Today I decided to start with an image (Thanks Kiri) as the RPI or Reading Practice Intensive is about pickin...