Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2022

Talk Moves -

After using rich maths activities and starting the talk, now we need to learn to dig deeper and get students to say what they see. As 


Having looked at a couple of my Class OnAir Videos, I realise that the more talk the students do the more they learn. So to me this is very important part of the lesson.


This is an important idea to grasp, as we want students to learn and remember new concepts so we need to give them opportunities to discuss, experience and teach others.

To Help Students with discussions here are some easy phrases to encourage more talk include:

  • "What else?"
  • "Tell me more..."
  • "And.."
I look forward to working out more phrases to encourage discussion and to encourage to student to think deeper.

Although this was brought to my attention again through Math PD it is true in all areas of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 4 - Guided Reading & Comprehension

 Guided Reading with Targeted Comprehension Background to Guided Reading A Guided Reading approach is based on the extensive work in the 196...