Pages

Wednesday 31 January 2024

Reflection on 2023

 In 2023, I joined Ako Hiko as a Facilitator, under the guidance of the Manaiakalani Network. I enjoyed sharing my knowledge of digital affordances with other teachers. And yeah let's be honest, they only sometimes wanted to try new things, but with consistent support and a bit of a challenge set out for them, all the teachers I worked with went away with something.






I may have had to explain a few times the importance of the concepts that needed to be taught;

Smart Learner 
  • Kawa of Care (Looking after devices)
  • Right Place Right Time
Smart Footprint
  • Digital Footprint and How It Lasts Forever 
  • What we share and how to share 
  • Blogging 
  • Smart Images
Smart Relationships
  • Commenting even if not using blogs, and how to reply
  • What to do if something goes wrong (and it does)
These ideas are taught through camera apps, iMovie, Book Creator, Scratch (Jnr), but ideas are not limited to just these applications they can be used to enhance the curriculum and class learning.


After working with the teachers for 3 terms and using the Kaupapa and Pedagogy set out by Manaiakalani. There somethings I would love to try out - My Where to Next if I was Staying ...
  • Updating the resources not only to reflect the facilitator but also to ensure students have the opportunity to reinforce their learning (if they have been doing it for more than 2 years) 

  • Helping the Community/Whanau understand what using a Chromebook looks like, feels like and sounds like. Allowing whanau to upskill and try using a device.
These would be my main offerings. However, that is not to be I am moving back to Papakura. If I were to ever facilitate again, I would continue to meet with the leads of the school as it is important to understand from the get-go what they expect from me collectively and as an individual school and how they see my role in their school. 

I am happy to be going away with some great connections in the education sector. 
Thank you from a Year 4/5 Class


Farewell from Manaiakalani:

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 4 - Guided Reading & Comprehension

 Guided Reading with Targeted Comprehension Background to Guided Reading A Guided Reading approach is based on the extensive work in the 196...