LEADING RESEARCH-INFORMED INNOVATION IN PRACTICE
Opportunities for Innovation and Design Thinking
Whakatauki
Ko ia kāhore nei i rapu, tē kitea
Who does not seek will not find

When designing solutions, check our bias: Are we focused on what the customer wants?










Sayings don't always have the right person (especially on the internet), but the quote is useful.
I thought this would be an easy task as I love numbers; however, I overthought it. I thought the rule was nx2 or 2n. But as you can see on a second attempt, I put in other number sequences




Wicked Problems - difficult in many ways, can't solve them; only hope to do the best we can. Best results are to be making progress in the right direction. Often the same problems come up because they are so difficult
Brainwriting not Brainstorming -
Games and Gamification
Whakatauki 2
Kia kawea tātau e te rēhia
Let us be taken by fun and entertainment
How can we keep students in the Optimal Experience for Learning or Gaming


Using Base44 to build learning games for students. Or for students to build their own learning games, as these can not be transferred to another platform when using the free version. Here is an example of what I came up with.
Player Types - it is important to consider different player types as students have different requirements for games than adults/teachers might.
Gamification Mechanics and Elements

This reminded me of the periodic table, and game elements are displayed in user types.
How can we gamify parts of learning?
Digital Skills in Electronics
Whakatauki
Hāpaitia te ara tika, pūmau ai te rangatiratanga mō ngā uri whakatipu
Foster the pathway of knowledge to strength, independence and growth for future generations
Microbit Programmes
Version 2, we are using Version 1
Input and Output
Input is handware that sends information to a computer.
Output devices include printers, headphones, speakers, and screens.
Which is an example of an output from a computer system?
- A friend's post on a social media site. This is already done, and you are looking at the output
- Taking a photo on your smartphone's camera - needs simultaneous input and output
- Text message being typed into a messaging system is the same as above
Make Code using Microbit Programme
Our first task was to create a pattern that changes when you push A or B buttons on the microbit once loaded. A's code, I made an ascending square shape. B's was the descending, large square to small. Then I added A+B's I made a clock like line mover around the 5² board.
I found this very similar to using Scratch, which had me intrigued and wanting to try more than required. Hence, I added a sound bar too, not that our microbit had the capacity to perform that.
Then we tried to create a light sensor.
In pairs we had to chose a task - Love and I picked to do the shake like a dice. The part that was tricky was making sure we had the variable in the loop that had numerical variables rather than commands. this way we could put in the variable number =.



















No comments:
Post a Comment