Pages

Saturday 28 August 2021

Adding to the site Creating Writers

Here we go again... Lockdown 2021 August

Teaching always has challenges. This is especially so in a new school. This time allowed me to get to know the community differently. Yes, from a distance. 

It even provided the opportunity to add to my site Creating Writers. (Click image below to visit) 

One of the teachers at school was encouraging students to use and understand idioms, which I really enjoy due to their playful nature with words. That set me to thinking why are there no activities for students on the site for this to help hold the reader's attention?

Thinking about I get it, in New Zealand we teach a range of cultures with a range of languages and the ability to understand English, so as I always do I  explain what an idiom is. The great thing is they are used in all languages, but the slides focus on idioms used in English. 

Here are the new activities I have added and modified to create a follow on. 


Each set of slides uses a different range of idioms and explains a range of idioms we often use in everyday life without thinking about them.


I even had time to make a second simile set. 


Hope you enjoy using them as much as I enjoy making them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 4 - Guided Reading & Comprehension

 Guided Reading with Targeted Comprehension Background to Guided Reading A Guided Reading approach is based on the extensive work in the 196...