Pages

Friday 20 August 2021

What's new in Hapara?

 

With Lockdown, I had time today to view a Hapara Update session. It was interesting although there was no video, there were screenshots help us to understand some of the new features or the features that were already there we might not know about.

Some features have not been rolled out here in New Zealand yet, like the Digital Backpack. This means students could access Hapara from any device it doesn't have to be a Chromebook. For me, this brought up the question, "Do students have access to Hapara or just teachers through the Teacher Dashboard?"

A great feature that I believe I have seen but ignore is the '?' where you can access tutorials. Located at the bottom of the screen.


In Hapara, you can set the landing page to Highlights, but this has to be done for an area. It is not a personal preference or setting. 
Which I thought was sad as everyone has their own preferences.                                                                                                I have noticed students offline on Hapara, but they are logged into their Chromebook. I have been told this is because they are using a leaf browser which is an experimental browser (but don't ask me what that means). This will be a good way to try to problem solve myself.                                                                                                                                                    I don't often see students logged in through 2 devices as I usually have devices allocated. Having said that, I have seen it, and it was helpful to know I can rectify it.                                                                                                                                            Viewing the highlights through either the 'open tabs' feature or 'current screen', I like the idea of being able to shut them down (which I have never tried). I usually just ask a student, "Are you in the right place?" and they move. The ability to explain why I closed 'a tab' means it can be done in a less invasive manner. That informs the student about their behaviour.

Looking forward to trying some of these ideas out when we return after lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 4 - Guided Reading & Comprehension

 Guided Reading with Targeted Comprehension Background to Guided Reading A Guided Reading approach is based on the extensive work in the 196...