Pages

Saturday 15 June 2024

RPI - Reflection on Task Board & Timetabling

 Task Board Rejigged

I have adjusted my timetable, I have a group I need to see daily which limits the time they have for choosing as they are still expected to get the reading response completed. 

So I created a simpler taskboard with a spot for fast finishers rather than extra for experts. I think the reason for the title is self-explanatory. However, I have explained to students that fast finishers do quality mahi.


The other groups I see twice a week still but once is a 5-10 minute check-in to check they know what they are doing with the reading and reading response. (A great time for students to seek clarification). I have also added this timetable and have the links to group pages, which has helped me move efficiently from one group page to the next without having to return to the home or main reading page. (links to reading page - to see in action). Currently, you can see I have a bit of room for testing with reports looming, but this will change again shortly to 1:1 conferencing for students who want more individual help or a question they don't want to ask.


I have been looking at ways to help another teacher and how we can simplify a Maths task board. One thought I came up with was having 2 one for 'Must-do' and 'Choice' and the other for group work. They would sit beside each other on the class site so students are in one place to find all the work.


Student Responses from My class about the Choice Board - 

With a group task board next to it, on the class site (group page) that could look like this with more detail and links to the learning. This second part is only a rough draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 9 - Sharing

Green is a strength, so they obviously stayed the same.  Blue was teaching practice to strengthen and integrate. Orange is now more confiden...