Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2024

RPI - Reflection

 We are approaching the end of the RPI, and the best question is:

 How are we going to maintain the RPI Kaupapa?

Like all teachers, I have a dream ...

Currently, to make my life easier I have a set of Vocabulary slides with various activities on and I add this to the Response to text slides, once we have a set of words both teacher selected and student selected I choose an activity that best fits the needs of the students. 

Some groups, I get them to select the slide and they can use it like a template to modify and create their own.
   

 These students will report back to the larger reading group later in the week. My reading groups have around 8 and break into pairs for the reading response activity. 

I also want to do this for the graphic organisers for the Figurative Language, just for quick reference. First, I will need to modify and possibly make them into slides for they fit nicely into response activities. Will see how this could work.

Next Steps

Creating a site with the headings:
  • Vocabulary
  • Summarising
  • Evaluating
  • Main Ideas
  • Making Connections 
  • Inferring
  • Point of View
The site has a range of digital and other activities, that cater to a range of abilities. Allowing everyone to use references. 

1 comment:

  1. It has been fabulous working alongside you these last 3 terms Tanya! Have loved our conversations and sharing times. Your class are lucky to have you - an inspirational and exciting educator.
    So many great take aways from here - where to start :)

    ReplyDelete

RPI 9 - Sharing

Green is a strength, so they obviously stayed the same.  Blue was teaching practice to strengthen and integrate. Orange is now more confiden...