Pages

Thursday 26 March 2020

Distance Learning with Tui Whanau

Here it is, a perfect opportunity to practise distance learning.
                           Well, there has to be something positive from Covid19.

Today is our first official day for distance learning. I am excited to see who comes to Google Hangout and has a go with this different style. I can't say new as I have been using Tui's google site over the last two years to engage and help with digital learning. The new part for me is the hangouts. I have set a space in my kitchen (where the table is). I could go into the tiny office (but it is a mess) which I use for crafts, scrapbooking, painting, drawing and storing teaching stuff I have put away (actually I have multiple of these places, the office a bedroom and the attic) maybe now is a good time to sort to more and cull lots! 'But I might need it!!!'

First place to tidy will be the office, especially with everyone home. 2 teenage boys trying to study and attend hangouts and me trying to teach. One goes to his room one is in another bedroom. Hubby in lounge/kitchen cleaning oven (with no airflow, cough, cough, not Coronavirus).



Looking at myself in the Hangout I can see I still need to make some changes I love the art but the light is reflecting off it and into the camera, which I find distracting so I can imagine the students not wanting to look and pay attention too.

And seeing the light from the window and reflecting off the posters I have tidied the office some and now working in there. This has the benefit of no interruptions. Still not the tidiest of spaces but 'I need that!'


No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 3 - All Things Text

  Text Selection - Day 3 - RPI Today I decided to start with an image (Thanks Kiri) as the RPI or Reading Practice Intensive is about pickin...