Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2024

RPI - Text Coverage and Text Set

 Text Set and Coverage

I have been using text sets for a few years now, however, I still usually focus on using them for topic or inquiry studies. I look forward to using them in other ways to help promote writing.

As teachers, we are creating this poster and I would like to see what text students would add to it to reinforce reading and encourage writing.

The text coverage is part of the tracking sheet is helpful, I know I would previously think about the types of text but I can't say I provided a good balance and variety. I was focused on getting students to read and often used fun short narratives.

I have even gone back and realised that what I thought was nonfiction (had some truth) was actually a narrative. I have noticed, I have shared a few more texts across groups so I need to return and update this tracking sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI 9 - Sharing

Green is a strength, so they obviously stayed the same.  Blue was teaching practice to strengthen and integrate. Orange is now more confiden...